T20 Cricket News

Check out for Latest Cricket News, Specially T20 Cricket News!

Tait hoping IPL goes ahead

Posted by James On 11:21 AM 0 comments

"Shaun Tait" is desperate to make his IPL debut next month and hopes the tournament occurs following the terror threats directed at the event. Tait was taking a break from the game during the first Twenty20 extravaganza in India and was prevented from going to the second by Cricket Australia due to his recovery from a hamstring injury.

Rajasthan Royals bought Tait for $US375,000 a season last year and Shane Warne will captain him in the upcoming competition. "I've been very keen, the last couple of years I haven't been able to play, so I've been looking forward to the IPL this year so I hope it can go ahead," Tait told AAP.

"All the security stuff, that's out of my league, but I hope it does go ahead and everything's fine and I can play. I've been thinking about the IPL for a while now, so looking forward to playing."

Warne had admitted to "thinking twice" about going to India for the tournament following the threats, but Tait said he would be "very disappointed" if it didn't go ahead. "I'd play wherever it's played, obviously they moved it to South Africa last year, and I've been there," he said.

"It's a good place, I'd be happy to play there, but I was looking forward to playing in India this year because the IPL's obviously based out of India. The crowds over there are unbelievable and I want to go over there and experience that to be honest."

News Source

Categories:

0 Response for the "Tait hoping IPL goes ahead"

Post a Comment

Share and Bookmarks