T20 Cricket News

Check out for Latest Cricket News, Specially T20 Cricket News!

Naved to appeal against PCB ban

Posted by James On 11:45 AM 0 comments

Pakistan fast bowler Naved-ul-Hasan will be appealing against the one-year ban and the Rs 2-million fine slapped on him by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

Naved, 32, was one of the seven leading players punished by the board following Pakistan's disastrous tour of Australia, where they lost the three Tests, five ODIs and the lone Twenty20 international. He was also denied a central contract by the board yesterday, and said he would submit his appeal in a couple of days' time.

"I have been preparing the response papers with my representatives and they will be ready in a couple of days' time," Naved told Pakpassion.net.

He said he was also in possession of the report prepared by the inquiry committee. "Yes I have the report and have read it. The only reason why they have banned me is due to underperformance. They felt that my performance on the tour of Australia was below par. I always give 100% effort every time I take the field, it doesn't matter who I am playing for, I always give my all".

"If necessary I will take my appeal papers by hand and meet whoever I need to from the board to discuss these matters. I hope the situation is resolved soon and I can recommence my career for Pakistan".

Reports also suggest that former Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik, who was handed a ban similar to Naved's, would also make an appeal. Though the PCB has not revealed the nature of charges against Malik, it is thought that his role in creating unrest within the side during the tour, among other things, came under scrutiny.

The PCB on Thursday sent letters to the banned players, explaining the committee's findings, and gave them a 30-day period within which they can appeal against the charges.

Both players, however, have been granted permission by the board to play in a domestic Twenty20 league in Bangladesh, just two days after Mohammad Yousuf, another banned player, was allowed to play in the country.

News Source

Categories:

0 Response for the "Naved to appeal against PCB ban"

Post a Comment

Share and Bookmarks