T20 Cricket News

Check out for Latest Cricket News, Specially T20 Cricket News!

Secure Nannes heads to Delhi

Posted by James On 10:48 AM 0 comments

Dirk Nannes has always felt comfortable in India and is a definite starter in the IPL tournament beginning on Friday. Nannes left Melbourne on Saturday to join Delhi Daredevils and was confident the security and safety problems would not be an issue during the event.

"I have always felt pretty good in India," Nannes said in the Sunday Herald Sun. "Security can be a bit of perception. If you feel safe, then you probably are safe. But the reality may be completely different.

"I wasn't comfortable in coming to a decision myself, but, luckily, the Australian Cricketers' Association has done a lot of investigating and has been pushing to make it a lot safer for us. They think if things keep progressing the way they are, then things will be fine from next week and the start of the tournament."

Nannes has retired from first-class action to prolong his career in the shorter formats, which includes representing Australia in Twenty20s. He has played five T20s for Australia and his left-arm fast, which can top 155kph, is a daunting prospect for batsmen as they chase boundaries.

"My body simply cannot handle playing first-class cricket," he said. "Even if I made myself available, there was no chance of me playing the last few [Sheffield Shield] games.

"I have a back issue. It's fine for playing the shorter forms, but if I was asked to bowl 17 overs one day I couldn't back up and bowl again the next day." After the IPL Nannes is hoping to be part of Australia's World Twenty20 campaign, having played in last year's tournament for the Netherlands.

News Source

Categories:

0 Response for the "Secure Nannes heads to Delhi"

Post a Comment

Share and Bookmarks