T20 Cricket News

Check out for Latest Cricket News, Specially T20 Cricket News!

Canada have pulled out of hosting the 2012 Under-19 World Cup after admitting they wouldn't be able to supply the required number of venues for the event.

The move doesn't come as a huge surprise following the recent reports from Canada over the problems with various grounds and bringing them up to standard. Last month the former Cricket Canada CEO, Atul Ahuja, hit out at the preparations in a wide-ranging letter which slammed the administration.

"The ICC had installed 10 turf wickets for the ICC Trophy in 2001," he said. "Currently, none of those are operational."

At the time the board told Cricinfo it was confident of bringing facilities up to standard, but conceded defeat earlier this month when they wrote to ICC.

"We are grateful to Cricket Canada for making what we recognise will have been a very difficult decision but their realistic and responsible approach allows ICC the time to find a suitable alternative venue," said ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat.

ICC will discuss possible alternative venues during the boarding meeting in Dubai on April 19 and 20.

News Source


0 Response for the "Canada pull out as Under-19 World Cup hosts"

Post a Comment

Share and Bookmarks