T20 Cricket News

Check out for Latest Cricket News, Specially T20 Cricket News!

Ravindra Jadeja, who missed IPL 2010 after being banned by the tournament organisers for trying to negotiate a contract outside the player auction, wants to put the disappointment behind him and focus on the World Twenty20.

"There is no point in looking back, at the moment my focus is on the ICC World Twenty20. I didn't play cricket for 45 days, there was frustration but I'm keeping my fingers crossed now. It hurts when you see your colleagues playing and you are practising at home," Jadeja told the Indian Express.

Jadeja thought the IPL ban denied him crucial match-practice that his India team-mates could get during the tournament. "There are 14 matches in the IPL and it would have been great preparation for the ICC World Twenty20. You get a better idea of what you need to be doing when you are playing matches. The match situation, the pressure, the crowds, the tips from fellow players, you don't get all that sitting at home," he said.

Though he missed the on-field action, Jadeja said he had been training hard to maintain his fitness ahead of the World Twenty20. "It was a really hard thing to do to miss the action and sit at home. I had a fixed schedule. Early in the morning I used to have a batting session, then I would run for a short while and in the evening, there was a bowling session along with some fielding. I also played a few Twenty20 matches to try and stay in good touch," he said.

Jadeja rose to prominence after his part in India's victory in the 2008 Under-19 World Cup and hopes to now participate in another World Cup win. "I'm really happy to be part of the ICC World Twenty20 team. I was hoping that my name appeared (in the squad). I'm really eager to go out there and perform. I was part of the India Under-19 side that won the junior World Cup three years ago and this time I'm hoping to be part of the Cup-winning India team.

"I'm just hoping that all goes well. I will try to give my 110 per cent on the field. But the most important thing will be to try and get a winning momentum going for the team," Jadeja said.

News Source

Categories:

0 Response for the "Jadeja looks at World Twenty20 to soothe IPL scar"

Post a Comment

Share and Bookmarks